Hai Phong Portal

 Tiếng Việt

Attractive destinations
  • Bao Dai villa - An attractive destination for tourist to Do Son


    In 1928, the building was built according to French-style Architecture by Governor General of Indochina, Pafquiere.In 1932, after his study in France, King Bao Dai was invited to visit the palace and he loved its unique architecture and landscape here; thus, Governor General of Indochina, Pafquiere offered it for him. Since then, it was named Bao Dai palace.

  • Coming to Hai Phong, go to Cho Sat (Iron market)


    One of the most attractive destinations for tourists visiting Hai Phong is the Cho Sat. Long, this commercial center is a familiar address to not only local residents, but also foreign tourists who are coming to both shop and learn about a famous and unique place of the port city.

  • Trang Kenh - Bach Dang


    A land area, a mountain area, air space immensely miles of whaling waves, gracefully identical with colour pheasant tails. That is the land of historic relics of Trang Kenh - Bach Dang in the north of Thuy nguyen district, about 20 km from Hai Phong urban areas. It borders Gia river in the south, Chanh river in the East. There are grandiose mountains, harmonizing relics and landscapes.

  • Haiphong Post Office


    In 1875, the French had founded Hai Phong and Quy Nhon Post-office bureau, after opening the similar foundation in Sai Gon, Ha Noi. The first nation stamps of square shape with eagle decoration of every size and type was published in 1864.

  • Ben Ngu (Royal Berth)


    Ben Ngu (Royal Berth) is an important end of Hoang Van Thu street at Hai Phong Post office. This is a place where Van Cao an exquisite talented musician was born and grown up.

  • People's Theatre Lake


    In French domination time, it used to be a small lake within a horse race course where horses were bathed. Thus, it was called horse race lake. In the book of Hai Phong city criterion published in Paris 1891, this area and Hai Phong horse races with famous jokers comparable with Hanoi and Sai Gon were mentioned repeatedly.

  • Lap River - Tam Bac Lake


    Belonging to the former An Bien Commune, the lake is currently located in the center of the City. In 1885, the French colonialists widened and straightened Liem Khe rivulet in An Bien commune to 2,800m long, 74m wide and 7m deep to create a boundary canal separating Western community from Vietnamese community, Tam Bac River to Cam river were connected.

  • Flower Shops


    Flower shops in the city center were built in late 1941 by Luciani - the citys Mayor who was responsible for designing and the Chief of Civil -Gochie for designing fine arts. Each flower shop is supported by 4 round wooden pillars and has a curved roof made of corbicula-shaped tiles harmoniously combining the Western and Eastern architecture styles.

  • Water Pupper Performance


    Puppet-showroom in Nhan Hoa (Vinh Bao district) is erected at the middle of villages pond with bamboo screen in the front. Artists with poles for controlling the puppet soaking themselves in the water. These puppets are made of wood, oil-painted and have no real clothes. This oil-painting colour of the puppets once adjacent with the lithe water, under the light of fireworks, big fire-cracker, and sky-rocket sparkle becomes more and more glistening blending with water, and fire...

  • Kim Son Ball Playing Festival


    Over 20km away from Hai Phong city center, Kim Son village located in Tan Trao commune was once famous in the Japanese resistance war period. There is a kind of sport game called Ball Playing which was invented by Pham Ngu Lao (a General of the army in Trans Dynasty time) for the purpose of training his soldiers. Annually, the game is held on the 6th of New Lunar Year at the communal houses yard.

Hai Phong Portal

Editor-in-chief: Chief of staff Tran Huy Kien

Head office: 18 Hoang Dieu, Hong Bang district, Hai Phong City