Dau Island

Thời gian 27/09/2010 12:02
Situated 1km from Do Son Town, this small island was one of important outposts of Dai Viet people under the Ly - Tran dynasties. After they occupied Hai Phong in 1873, the French colonist started to build a lighthouse on the island in 1884.

Tuong Long (Do Son) Tower

Thời gian 27/09/2010 12:01
This Buddhist architectural work was built under the Ly Thanh Tong Dynasty on 2,000sq.m of land. It was located in Van Son Ward, Do Son town. The four angles of the tower are leaning by 1999 toward the center. The tower was empty. Inside it was a Buddha statue. Bricks and stone blocks of various sizes built this work. Unique tiles engraved with lotuses, chrysanthemums and lemon flowers covered its walls. This decoration style is typical of the Ly Dynasty. However, the tower was destroyed for its bricks when Hai Duong citadel was built in 1804.

Cai Beo Archaeological Site

Thời gian 27/09/2010 12:01
In 1938, J.G. Andexown and M. Colani, both French, discovered the archaeological site of Cai Beo. Since then Cai Beo was excavated three times, in 1972, 1973 and 1981. Objects unearthed include some 479 tools: pestles, triturable tables, hacks, caulkers, graters, etc; ceramic wares made of clay and sand; cookers; remains of ancient people; bones of fish and teeth of sounders, deer, mountain goats, etc. Cai Beo archaeological site belongs to the Ha Long civilization. Cai Beo's residents lived 6,475 - 4,200 years ago. This was the first group of people living in Vietnam's northeastern coastal region who knew how to catch fish and plant feeding crops.

Hang Kenh (Nhan Tho) Communal House

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:59
Hang Kenh Communal House, also referred to as Nhan Tho Communal House, situated on Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hang Kenh Ward, Le Chan District, Hai Phong City. According to the stone stele preserved at the relic, the present Hang Kenh Communal House had been built in 1719 under King Le Du Tong and was reconstructed from 1841 to 1850.

Dong Ly Communal House

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:58
Dong Ly communal house is situated in My Dong commune, Thuy Nguyen district, Haiphong. It faces the northeast direction, looking straight to the low-lying water paddy field, where an ancient river once used to run into Cam River via My Dong commune.

Nhu Thuong Communal House

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:57
Nhu Thuong Communal House situated in Quoc Tuan Commune, An Duong District, Hai Phong City worships Mai Thi Cau and Mai Ky Son, two daughters of King Mai Hac De who led the uprising against Chinese Tang Dynasty's domination in the eighth century.

Thuong Doan Palace

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:56
Today in many Red River deltas there are many superb temples such as Tay Ho palace (Hanoi), Lo temple (Ha Tay), Song temple (Thanh Hoa), Giay Palace (Nam Dinh) and Thuong Doan (Haiphong) dedicated to Chua Kho (Store Goddess) Lieu Hanh, one of the "four indomitable" as called by the people. (The heroes include Tan Vien, Thanh Giong, Chu Dong Tu, Chua Lieu etc).

Tra Phuong (Thien Phuc) Pagoda

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:55
This pagoda of the Nguyen Dynasty includes an entrance hall including five compartments and an apse including three compartments. Tra Phuong Pagoda is one of the centers belonging to the Buddhist architectural system of the Mac Dynasty. First built under the Ly Dynasty (1010 - 1225), the pagoda was initially called Ba Dinh. It is said that the original pagoda was located on a hillock in the south which was 200m far from the current one. It is said that Mac Dang Dung once took refuge in the pagoda and escaped from his enemies. With the establishment of the Mac Dynasty (1527 - 1592), Dang Dung reconstructed the pagoda and renamed it as Thien Phuc.

Dong Khe (Nguyet Quang) Pagoda

Thời gian 27/09/2010 11:54
Situated close to the main road of Dong Khe ward and is some 500 meters from the communal house is Dong Khe pagoda. The pagoda is also known by Chinese name "Nguyet Quang Tu", which has long been a famous pagoda of Thien phai Phuc Lam and Lam Te in Haiphong. Legend has it that Nguyet Quang pagoda is one of the most ancient pagodas in the city. The pagoda was originally designed to worship Buddha. By the Ly-Tran dynasty, Buddhism became a national religion and the pagoda developed into a huge and reputed landscape in the region. Here the super monks from Thien Truc Lam who were trained in Yen Tu would often come to this pagoda to pass bibles to the buddhists.

Royal dynasty of the Mac in Duong Kinh

Thời gian 27/09/2010 09:00
Legend has it that Mac Dang Dung was the 7th offspring of the first laureate Mac Dinh Chi. He was born in a poor fishing family in Co Trai village (1483-1541), Nghi Duong district (now Ngu Doan commune, Kien Thuy district). Grown-up, he followed military career.